Meals-on-Wheels Greater San Diego offers the choice of one or two nutritious meals provided seven days a week including holidays. Deliveries are made by caring volunteers between 10:45 am and 1:30 pm. Sunday meals are delivered on Saturday.
- Regular Healthy Meals
- Lower Fat and Reduced Sodium Meals
- Diabetic Friendly Meals
- Easy-to-Chew Meals
Note: Beverage choices include selection of 1% milk. juice or water.
- Standard- lunch and dinner, plus beverage
- Lunch only with beverage
- Dinner only with roll and beverage
- Five or seven day packs available
- Additional meals or beverages upon request
Note: Dinner may be delivered hot and ready-to-eat or frozen. One may receive meals on a short-term basis (such as when recovering from illness or surgery), or indefinitely.
- 60 plus years of age
- Caretakers of seniors 60 plus years of age
Meals-on-Wheels Greater San Diego charges a one-time, non-refundable fee of $35 to begin meal delivery service. One may typically start and/or stop service, schedule vacations or non-deliver days with a 48 hour notice.
- Lunch and dinner, plus beverage - $7.00 per day
- Lunch only, plus beverage – $4.00 per day
- Dinner only with roll and beverage – $4.00
- extra beverage .50 cents each
Note: A 48 hour notice is required to avoid charges for originally scheduled meals. Extended lapses in delivery of meals may result in an additional service start-up fee.
Healthy-Plus Menu Selections
Description of special Healthy-Plus menu selections (Lower Fat/Lower Sodium, Diabetic-friendly & Easy-to-Chew), please click here.
Outside San Diego County
To find a meal delivery service outside of San Diego County, please visit Meals on Wheels Association of America’s website.