For some, volunteering gives those a chance to help the community where it's needed the most. It's vital for our seniors to receive nutritious meals to support their independence and well-being. For others, they love seeing the smiling faces of our seniors and moments of human connection. Some volunteer because we give free cat and dog food to our seniors' furry companions. Many of our volunteers graciously want to give back because Meals on Wheels helped their family member during their medical issues or when they could no longer provide for themselves. All of our volunteers have their special reasons why they love to volunteer. We appreciate each one of them.
MEAL DELIVERY VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
- Minimum twice per month commitment
- Delivery time is approximately 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m
- Choice of delivery days: Monday-Saturday
- Assigned routes close to home or businesses
- Submit a volunteer application
- Valid driver's license
- Proof of auto insurance
- Smartphone/device to use our Mobile Meals App
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a licensed adult
- Must pass a live scan ($10.00 fee) NOTE: Background checks/live scans are not needed for active-duty military, first responders or individuals under 18 years of age.
- Watch our volunteer training video
Meals on Wheels San Diego County does not accept volunteers needing court-ordered hours.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or 619-278-4011.
WE APPRECIATE ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEERS