Meals on Wheels San Diego County is taking precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our clients and volunteers, such as wearing face masks/facial coverings and observing social distancing. All COVID-19 protocols will be explained during our volunteer training.
Due to COVID-19, Meals on Wheels San Diego County is seeing an amazing influx of willing volunteers. We appreciate your eagerness to help San Diego County seniors and disabled veterans. We will do our best to get you delivering meals as soon as possible!
- Minimum twice per month commitment
- Delivery time is approximately 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m
- Choice of delivery days: Monday-Saturday
- Assigned routes close to home or businesses
- Valid driver's license
- Proof of auto insurance
- Smartphone/device to use our Mobile Meals App
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a licensed adult
- Must pass live scan ($10.00 fee) NOTE: Background checks/live scans are not needed for anyone who has had them done previously through an employer or organization within the last two years and individuals under 18 years of age.
- Complete our volunteer training
Meals on Wheels San Diego County does not accept volunteers needing court ordered hours.
FAQs here: MOWSDC FAQ Page
Review the volunteer handbook here: Meals on Wheels San Diego County Volunteer Handbook
For additional information on Meal Delivery or to become a Meal Delivery volunteer for Meals on Wheels San Diego County, please contact our Volunteer Manager, Gina Gonzales, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-278-4011.