- Are often the only contact our clients have all day.
- Provide a warm smile and a caring attitude.
- Are a safety check to help ensure our customer’s well being.
- Our volunteers are the eyes and ears of Meals on Wheels and often alert us to clients who may have additional needs.
- Minimum twice per month
- Delivery time is approximately 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m
- Choice of delivery days Monday through Saturday
- Assigned routes close to home or businesses
- Valid drivers license
- Proof of insurance
- Use of personal vehicle
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Must pass background check ($10.00 fee - Waived for Active Military)
- Complete volunteer training orientation
Note: Meals on Wheels San Diego County does not accept volunteers needing court appointed hours.
Review the volunteer handbook here: Meals on Wheels San Diego County Volunteer Handbook
For additional information on Meal Delivery or to become a Meal Delivery volunteer for Meals on Wheels San Diego County, please contact your local office.