PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19
Thank you very much for wanting to help us during this crisis. We need volunteer drivers to deliver meals to our seniors now more than ever. If you would like to start volunteering, please complete a volunteer application: here.
It will take us some time to process your application as we are experiencing a high number calls, emails and applications at this time. Please be patient. You will be contacted via email once your application has been processed. We appreciate your support. If you would like to do more, please consider making a donation: here.
- Are often the only contact our clients have all day
- Provide a warm smile and a caring attitude
- Are a safety check to help ensure our customer’s well being
- Our volunteers are the eyes and ears of Meals on Wheels and often alert us to clients who may have additional needs.
- Minimum twice per month commitment
- Delivery time is approximately 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m
- Choice of delivery days: Monday-Saturday
- Assigned routes close to home or businesses
- Valid drivers license
- Proof of auto insurance
- Smart/mobile device to use Mobile Meals App
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Must pass background check ($10.00 fee - Waived for Active Military)
- Complete volunteer orientation
Note: Meals on Wheels San Diego County does not accept volunteers needing court ordered hours.
FAQs here: MOWSDC FAQ Page
Review the volunteer handbook here: Meals on Wheels San Diego County Volunteer Handbook
For additional information on Meal Delivery or to become a Meal Delivery volunteer for Meals on Wheels San Diego County, please contact our Volunteer Manager, Gina Gonzales, at email@example.com or 619-278-4011.