Please click here for other volunteer opportunities in San Diego:
- Are often the only contact our clients have all day
- Provide a warm smile and a caring attitude
- Are a safety check to help ensure our customer’s well being
- Our volunteers are the eyes and ears of Meals on Wheels and often alert us to clients who may have additional needs.
- Minimum twice per month commitment
- Delivery time is approximately 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m
- Choice of delivery days: Monday-Saturday
- Assigned routes close to home or businesses
- Valid drivers license
- Proof of auto insurance
- Smart/mobile device to use Mobile Meals App
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Must pass live scan ($10.00 fee) NOTE: Background checks and live scans are not needed for teachers, nurses, healthcare professionals, active military personnel and individuals under 18 years of age. If you have been background checked by your employer, you will be asked for documentation.
- Complete our volunteer training
Note: Meals on Wheels San Diego County does not accept volunteers needing court ordered hours.
FAQs here: MOWSDC FAQ Page
Review the volunteer handbook here: Meals on Wheels San Diego County Volunteer Handbook
For additional information on Meal Delivery or to become a Meal Delivery volunteer for Meals on Wheels San Diego County, please contact our Volunteer Manager, Gina Gonzales, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-278-4011.